The reason I made these was because every Christmas I look forward to the gingerbread house we make, so I thought what if I took the awsomenest in a gingerbread house and put them into cookie bars? They turned out great because they smelled like Christmas in a cookie bar.
- Krusteaz Gingerbread Mix (17.5oz) (or any gingerbread cookie mix of similar size)
- 1 egg
- ½ stick of butter, room temperature
- ½ cup of M&Ms, plus ¼ more for the top (or more if you want)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with tin foil and then spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the gingerbread cookie mix, butter, and egg with a hand or stand mixer until dough forms. Stir in ½ cup M&Ms. Press into pan and get ¼ cup of M&Ms and sprinkle them on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (or a few crumbs sticking to it if you like them more under done.)
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Note: if using a different brand cookie mix, prepared according to package directions and add M&Ms as directed.
Hope you like these cookie bars!